Thursday, May 19, 2011

2011 books 116 and 117

Maud Hart Lovelace's Betsy-Tacy and Tib
I love these books and I love having them on my Kindle.

Holly Goldberg Sloan's I'll Be There
Keri texted me last night, all "girl, have you read this book???" and I was like, I didn't even know this book existed which clearly should be remedied. And though some parts are a teensy bit over the top, and suspension of disbelief is definitely required, the story--of a pair of boys living on the road with their actually-crazy father, and what happens when the older one meets a girl--was totally riveting and intense (much more intense than that description makes it sound, but I don't want to try and summarize more of the plot b/c it was a much better book than the official plot synopsis made it sound). A/A-.

No comments: