Monday, October 31, 2011

2011 book 273

N.K. Jemisin's The Kingdom of Gods
First I just want to say that a) I'm glad Jemisin can crank out solid books so quickly, and b) I'm glad her publisher doesn't set the publication dates a year apart (this entire trilogy came out in under two years). Anyway, the third/final book in the Inheritance Trilogy picks up something like a hundred years after the last one left off, and while it wasn't quite as awesome as the second one (I really loved that one), it was a fitting end to the story. It focuses on one of the godlings who appeared in the earlier books, and what happens when be befriends two mortal children. But because it's Jemisin, it also deals with politics, love, family, and war. The end was a bit kind-of-insane, but not in a bad way. I'm looking forward to her next series, which starts in 2012. Busy bee! I love it! B+.

No comments: