Wednesday, August 01, 2012

2012 book 204

David Levithan's Every Day
Confession time: I've never really read anything by Levithan before, except the book he co-wrote with John Green--and I only liked the John Green parts! But the premise of this was interesting enough to combat my lack of interest in the author, and I'm so glad it did, because this book was pretty great. It's about a person who wakes up every day in a new body, and just tries to keep their lives on track--until he falls in love with one's girlfriend. Really fascinating stuff. Levithan is mildly heavy-handed with the gay-friendliness and the body-positivity, but I'm not really going to complain about cute gay couples.  A/A-.

__
An e-galley was provided by the publisher. This book will be released on August 28th.

No comments: