Tuesday, November 19, 2013

2013 book 293

Joshilyn Jackson's Someone Else's Love Story
The author's note at the beginning of this book signs off with "Shalom, y'all" and so right away I was like, two thumbs up! Trying to summarize the plot won't do it justice or make it sound appealing, so I'll just say a few things--it involves a young single mother, Shandi, who was a virgin when she got pregnant, and a man who's doing a poor job of recovering from a tragedy, and the unlikely way they meet. But like the title says, it's someone else's love story. I really like Jackson's books, and this may actually be my favorite of hers--not just for the Jewish content (Shandi is from an interfaith marriage that didn't last). Really, really compelling reading, amazing characters, and it all wraps up in a satisfying way. I accidentally took a long lunch today because I was so caught up in the story. A/A-.


__
A review copy was provided by the publisher. This book is available now.

No comments: