Sunday, March 23, 2014

2014 book 63

Judy Greer's I Don't Know What You Know Me From: Confessions of a Co-Star
I wanted to read this book b/c I know Judy Greer from LOTS of things, and love her. The subtitle is VERY misleading though--it's not really about any of her specific Hollywood jobs or co-stars (though obviously that does come up)--it's more of a general memoir. Each chapter is its own essay, which makes it feel a little disjointed--I think a straight memoir might have flowed a little better. The sections on her childhood/parents are strong, though, and I liked the glimpses of her career (I definitely wish there was more dishing on Hollywood, and a little less on, like, emails from her friends). I don't want to dis Judy Greer--she is awesome--and this book is perfectly fine (and very funny at times--like the "fan profiling" stuff, and her Oscars story). It's just not quite what I was expecting based on the title. B/B+.

__
A review copy was provided by the publisher. This book will be released in April.

No comments: