Sunday, August 02, 2015

2015 book 184

Ashley Weaver's Death Wears a Mask
The second book in Weaver's Amory Ames series (at least, I HOPE it will be a long-lasting series), after Murder at Brightwell, is more of the captivating same, as Amory is asked to help investigate a jewel theft--and things quickly turn to murder. I especially like that this is a series where the main character works/cooperates with the police (like the Phryne Fisher books), which does add at least a little verisimilitude. And of course I love the setting. I was less excited about the issues with the protagonist's marriage being similar to the last book--if that keeps on going, it's going to get dull pretty quickly. Otherwise, this is a really fun and entertaining series, perfect for my beach vacation, or for any other time or place, really. A-.

__
A review copy was provided by the publisher. This book will be released in October.

No comments: