Tuesday, February 23, 2016

2016 book 34

Theresa Rebeck's I'm Glad About You
I was mainly interested in reading this because I loved Rebeck's previous novel, though I admit there was sort of a morbid interest in Rebeck's take on an actress, after all the drama she had working on Smash. And although there is plenty of Hollywood dirt stuff going on, primarily this is the story of a young actress in New York and the guy she left behind in Cincinnati--who's just gotten married (there is a third POV character, a somewhat douchey journalist, but he's pretty minor). Anyway, it's all very readable and entertaining and even a little bit more solid, writing-wise, than it has to be. I did wish there was no rapiness, but maybe that is too much to ask for sometimes. I did like it a lot! A-/B+.


__
A review copy was provided by the publisher. This book is available now.

No comments: