Saturday, March 31, 2018

2018 book 54

Rebecca Stead and Wendy Maas' Bob
I am pretty much here for anything Rebecca Stead writes, and I also like Wendy Maas, so I was excited to see what a collaboration between them would be like. Maybe this book is aimed even younger than I thought, but there is just not enough to the story here (and I think there is room for a lot more). It centers on a young American girl, visiting her grandmother in Australia for the first time in five years, when she discovers a strange creature in her closet. A creature she apparently befriended, and offered to help, but now has no memory of. It’s all very sweet and pretty cute, I just expect more character development and more plot from both of these authors. I do think this may be for young kids though. B+.

__
A review copy was provided by the publisher. This book will be released in May.

No comments: