Sunday, August 01, 2021

2021 book 156

 Terry Pratchett’s Guards! Guards!

 Recent events have made me want to read some Pratchett, and honestly there’s still a lot of the Discworld I’ve never gotten to (I’ve mainly just reread all the ones with the Witches and Tiffany Aching). So now I’m getting to the city watch books, only here they’re the Night Watch, led by a drunk Sam Vimes, with an eager new volunteer joining the force. But they’ll have to get their acts together when a magically summoned dragon starts coming to town. Luckily they have the help of the local (orangutan) librarian and a wealthy woman who breeds little (adorable) dragons. Anyway this was all very funny, super entertaining, with Pratchett's trademark great characters. Just what I needed and I can’t wait to read more. A/A-.

No comments: