Thursday, September 09, 2021

2021 book 183

 Seanan McGuire's When Sorrows Come

This series is now fifteen books deep and shows no signs of coming to a conclusion, but I’m in it for the long haul. In this one, Toby is finally getting married (in Toronto, lots of Tim Horton's jokes), if political crises and assassination attempts don’t get in the way. I actually liked this one! I mean still a little too much of “let me explain the fairy genetics of every single type of fairy” and 14 books worth of exposition, but entertaining. For some reason (I assume because it’s not plot relevant per se), there’s a “novella” at the end that picks up right where the book proper leaves off, so if you’re wondering “but what about that cake??” don't worry, you will hear about the cake in the “novella” (I’m sorry, it’s so ridiculous that it’s not part of the actual book when it’s relevant to the actual book!). All that aside, fun times. A-.


__

A review copy was provided by the publisher. This book will be released on Tuesday.

No comments: