Monday, September 20, 2021

2021 book 195

 Naomi Novik's The Last Graduate

I don’t want to be spoilery here, since this book isn’t out for a week, so I will just say it is a very good follow up, I read it in one sitting and stayed up way past bedtime, I cried more than once out of niceness, there are hilarious mice familiars, and teamwork and friendship, and the end PUNCHED ME IN THE GUT. What!! WHAT!!!! 

Marking this with the “LGBTQ+” tag because the protagonist seems to be bi and a couple of the secondary characters are gay/lesbian. I feel like the race stuff is handled better too (had some mixed feelings about the one Jewish character, for reasons I can’t pinpoint, but the author is Jewish so I’ll just give it a shrug). 

I mean… is this going to be a trilogy? God, I hope so, because I don’t know if I can handle it otherwise. A/A-.


__

A review copy was provided by the publisher. This book will be released on September 28th.

No comments: