Friday, October 15, 2021

2021 book 207

 Michelle Sagara's Cast in Shadow

I fully admit that I've had a hard time starting this series because of its name: The Chronicles of Elantra. Because I DRIVE AN ELANTRA. How did no editor put a stop to this?? The car definitely predates these books! Anyway, this weirdly has like an urban fantasy feel re: characters and plots, but set in a high fantasy world. Our protagonist has a Sad and Mysterious childhood backstory (and magical tattoos of unknown origin), but now works for a branch of local law enforcement, where she's assigned to work a case with a dude from her Sad Past and also with a Dragon person (this world also has lion people and eagle people, among others, it rules). But the case is related to her Sad Past and she is the key!!!! Ok, I know I sound facetious, but this was actually a fun read, I will definitely check out more in this series. B+.

No comments: