Wednesday, November 03, 2004

amos oz

something to maybe distract you all: a great article from the new yorker on one of my favorite israeli authors, amos oz. man, why doesn't he become prime minister?

the occasion for the article: oz's memoir, a huge bestseller in israel, appeared in english translation this month. an arabic translation is forthcoming (or so the new yorker informs me).

also, the adrian tomine cover of this week's issue was pretty great. special mention to the dude on the left w/ the blue ipod mini.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where can I see the cover? I'm a super huge Adrian Tomine fan....and I used to live in the area that he draws, so it's always exciting to recognize buildings and such in the backgrounds.

(This is Robin from school)

Alicia K. said...

i have it on my coffeetable--i'll try and remember to bring it to school and put in your folder. :)