Friday, October 28, 2005

i love vh1 loving the 80s

hey, i'm really enjoying the current go-round of 80s nostalgia on vh1 (i love the 80s: 3D! note that it's not actually in 3D--it's just the third 80s nostalgiathon they've done). apparently all my favorite 80s things are third-string--we're finally seeing stuff on snorks, monchichis, and mannequin. the interesting thing about watching two in a row is that it's more noticeable that the commenters always have the same clothes on. i wonder how long they have to sit and try and think of snarky and witty things to say about bad movies and big hair--i mean, do they just take a day where the producers sit them in a chair and show them a my buddy doll (my family totally had my buddy AND kid sister) or whatever, for hours on end? i am impressed at the stamina of these d-list celebs--i would run out of thigns to say pretty quickly, unless they had something totally awesome to show me, like clips from just one of the guys. man, i must have seen that movie a million times, and it never really got good. side note: the blonde girl that rick likes in that movie is also in one of my favorite cheesy horror movies, april fool's day (other 80s luminaries in the cast include the dude who played rick, a girl from friday the 13th part 2, and most famously, the dude who played biff in back to the future).

ETA: i have just been informed that it actually IS in 3D--but of course i don't have 3D glasses so was unaware of this. apparently best buy is giving 3D glasses away so you can fully enjoy the experience of watching michael ian black say something silly (or so you can get a little nauseous, whichever).

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

My favorites are third tier too. I was a Snork for Halloween once, and had this awesome paper mache mask my dad made me using a balloon, chicken wire, and a paper towel tube. If only my dad still made my Halloween costumes...

Alicia K. said...

wow, i wish your dad made MY halloween costumes!

christinamerge said...

My dad would always let me borrow his hunting gear to be Heather, the gunshow girl from the local cable commercials. She was one hot redneck!

Alicia K. said...

i don't remember ever having a memorable costume. i guess once i dressed as a serial killer, which mainly involved sticking bugs to my face w/ green goo, spraying my hair with spray dye in some neon color, and carrying a plastic knife. good times.

Anonymous said...

one year I went as a cereal killer, with the little "fun pack" cereal boxes attached yto me with knives and fake cereal blood. So original, I know. I also went as a carpet shark one year, when my parents were replacing the hall carpets and there was some left over. (MIke)