Sunday, October 16, 2005

PA160137


PA160137
Originally uploaded by wordnerdy.
apparently the hamsters aren't done with me yet--these little guys arrived on yom kippur, considerably brightening up the day of atonement fasting thing. and gee, they were mailed from los angeles . . . i wonder who's behind them? ;)

thank you, hamster-giver! they glow in the dark and that is totally awesome.

on an unrelated note, yesterday my grandmother pointed out that perhaps my insane typing style is aggravating my carpal tunnel--because, of course, i type with only about 5 fingers (and yet still manage 78 wpm). i havent typed w/ all ten fingers since eighth grade keyboarding class, so trying to type correctly will be an interesting challenge. i'm failing miserably at it right now . . .

5 comments:

David said...

How do you type? Which five fingers?

Alicia K. said...

i actually had to open up a word doc to test it out and try to see--it's the index finger, middle finger, and ring finger on my left hand, and sometimes that pinky if i need to hit shift, and the index finger of my right hand and occasionally that thumb but hardly ever. now i suddenly understnad why my left hand hurts more than my right hand.

pinky pinkerson said...

keyboarding class.

way to make a girl feel ancient, alicia - when i was in school, it was called "typing."

(it was in eighth grade, and I got an A, thank you very much)

Alicia K. said...

i think having computer classes back then was still unusual--i started learning computers/programming in kindergarten at my wacky all-girl-school. it was like 13 or 14 years ago so don't feel too old!

also, i did not get an A in keyboarding, so you still win. :)

Anonymous said...

You have pinkies? I thought your Yakuza boss made you cut the tips off after failed assignments.