Tuesday, December 06, 2005

radio! and, an informal poll

alas, i will not be doing my usual thursday shift this week (thanks to alex for subbing!) due to having a big paper due on friday. however! i WILL be on the air on wednesday from 4-6, with the lovely christina as my co-host (and those who know christina also know that at this time of year she is practically transformed into a christmas elf, so infused is she with holiday spirit--so undoubtedly there will be some holiday tunes on the airwaves at that time).

now, a poll!

yesterday i received some new contact lenses to replace the ones i haven't worn since september (which were causing me all sorts of problems). since it has been several months of glasses-wearing, however, i have grown used to a contacts-less life. plus i have such cute glasses these days!

pros of contacts: don't fog up, more peripheral vision, better eyesight i guess, conform to some weird ideal of beauty i learned in middle school
cons of contacts: don't always stay where they're supposed to, which is both terrifying and painful.

pros of glasses: cute, can actually see with new prescription, my mom thinks glasses look better with my short hair
cons of glasses: less peripheral vision, sometimes they hurt my nose, "men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses" (is that even true? who cares, i like rhymes)

so, an informal poll: should i try out the new contacts and wear them on a daily basis, save them for special occasions, stick to glasses, what?

6 comments:

christinamerge said...

Special occasion! Glasses are hot!

Alicia K. said...

heh, plus any guy who'd only make a pass at me sans my glasses is most likely not my type, anyway. :)

you know, people always claim to be into the sexy librarian thing, but i haven't seen much evidence of that, or even heard any anecdotes passed through the halls of library school in whispers . . .

Anonymous said...

Glasses. Unless once you put in the contacts you like them so much you want them for everyday use, glasses. Personally, the thought of sticking things in my eyes freaks me the hell out.

Do you feel more comfortable in glasses or with contacts? Or you don't really know yet?
(MIke)

Alicia K. said...

i used to be fine with contacts (wore 'em for ten years) until one of them started to slide places it didn't belong, and now i'm sort of scared to try them again. maybe i'll try them over the weekend when i'm at home and can put on glasses if they don't fit right. certainly if i ever want to wear eye makeup again (which could happen, i guess), it's a lot easier with contacts. i do really like my new glasses though. decisions, decisions!

Anonymous said...

Glasses for the win, Al.

I'm always right, you know it.

Anonymous said...

I think glasses make a woman look more intelligent which is a turn on for me. Of coure I've met dingbats that wear glasses too though. I know it's a stereotype, but they do make you look hotter.

I don't like sticking things in my eyes either. I don't know if I could handle wearing contacts.