Wednesday, April 19, 2006

white chocolate lemon peppermint

is my new favorite flavor at locopops. it tastes just like when i was a kid and my school had carnivals and they would always have half-a-lemon with one of those soft peppermint sticks stuck into it and you'd suck the lemon juice up through the peppermint stick like a straw.

i tried to recreate this experience a couple years ago with some soft peppermint sticks i found at southern season, but they were too soft and sort of dissolved.

thank you, locopops, for encapsulating what may be my favorite taste sensation of all time in handy popsicle form. i have never used the term "sublime" to describe a popsicle before, but today, that changed.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sublime was the Coconut Lime popsicle I had from there yesterday, because there wasn't nearly enough lime in it.

Alicia K. said...

ooh, now i want to try that one too!

Alicia K. said...

i wonder where else we could get those candy sticks. the locopops are made with hard peppermints (there are little pieces of 'em in there) but i crave the soft ones so i can have homemade lemony goodness!!

Anonymous said...

damn, I totally had to move before I realized that I should try some locopops. (MIke)

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of this lemon peppermint thing before in my life. And yet you used to have them all the time as a kid? Fascinating.

Let's hang out before you leave town. It's been a long time.

Alicia K. said...

oh my gosh, thank you for commenting and telling me where to get those peppermint sticks! it's perfect lemon and peppermint weather. you (and your loco pops) ROCK!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I tried the white chocolate lemon peppermint Locopops flavor last weekend, and it is now one of my all-time favorites (next to Rose and a few others). There was the perfect hint of lemon in it! I actually found your page through a google search on the popsicle flavor - it tasted so good I want to recreate it in brownie/bar form, though peppermint lemons are sounding mightly tempting as well. Cheers!