Saturday, November 11, 2006

PB110207


PB110207
Originally uploaded by wordnerdy.
Mmmm, check out this apple cake I made (the recipe was a modified version of one Ms. Pinky gave me). Don't you want to just tear off a hunk and shove its sweet still-warm goodness into your mouth?? I know I do, but it's for a potluck thing I'm going to later, so I just have to sit here and be tortured by the smell. It's currently locked in my bedroom so neither I nor the kitten (who has recently developed a taste for sweets, apparently) can get to it. :)

3 comments:

Alicia K. said...

Thanks for the compliments!

Thanks also for the heads-up--I pretty much bake everything from scratch as a point of pride, but it's always nice to have backups. :)

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you made it and it turned out well! how did you modify it?

my GAB (great-aunt bertha, no kidding) would be so pleased :-)

Alicia K. said...

I cut some of the butter (as per your suggestion) but then added it back in using the topping from one of the suggestions I got on ask mefi. Totally decadent! (The few leftovers made a delicious breakfast.)