Wednesday, November 29, 2006

pw best of 2006

Many of you have probably seen this already, but I just thought to check out Publisher's Weekly's best of 2006 list, and I was impressed! Not necessarily with their choices--I've only read three on their fiction list, and only really liked one of them--but with the fact that they have so many categories! Genre fiction! Children's books! Most importantly, comic books and graphic novels! I really liked their selections for that last category, and was thrilled to see the latest Scott Pilgrim and the new Locas book on there. I have Curses coming to me in my next shipment from Chapel Hill Comics, and now I'm even more psyched to read it.

Anyway, I figured I'd point it out for those who hadn't seen it . . . it definitely beats the stodgy and predictable NY Times list.

(My own list, as always, will appear after the year actually ends.)

No comments: