Saturday, November 11, 2006

stranger than fiction

Everyone must go see this movie RIGHT NOW. It is REALLY GOOD. All of the main actors--Will Ferrell, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Dustin Hoffman, Emma Thompson, and Queen Latifah (who is slightly underused)--were AMAZING. The whole story just works perfectly, and it's very, let's say, grabbing. I actually was sobbing during one scene--tears running down my neck into my shirt, etc. Also, I think it goes without saying (although apprently I'm saying it anyway) that I want to be Maggie Gyllenhaal's character. The soundtrack is really great too--the whole time I was trying to figure out why it seemed so familiar, and it was b/c it was done by Britt Daniel. Anyway, the whole thing was AMAZING. A+. Seriously. See it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed that movie too.

When I heard Spoon song after Spoon song, I kept thinking "I hope that translates into dollars for Merge!"

When I saw "music supervisor - Britt Daniel" I just cracked up.

"You know what this scene needs? more Spoon!!"

Alicia K. said...

Hee, I know! I kept saying, "I have this cd . . . And this one! Wait a minute . . . ."