Thursday, April 02, 2009

2009 book 71

Spencer Quinn's Dog On It
OK, OK, I know what you're thinking. Is a mystery narrated by a dog actually worth reading? I was as skeptical as you are when my mom recommended it to me. But I have to say, hell yes it's worth reading! Especially when the dog is so lovable! This is no cutesy story--Quinn does a really good job ramping up the tension when a PI with the usual money and divorce issues and his dog sidekick take on the case of a missing teenager. I really enjoyed the dog's narrative voice, actually (barring once instance--I mean, would a dog really say someone is "the bomb"?) and will definitely read the next outing in this series. Not that parts aren't predictable, and the title is obviously terrible, but I really enjoyed it just the same. A-.

No comments: