Wednesday, April 08, 2009

P4070040


P4070040
Originally uploaded by wordnerdy
Just got back from the Crooked Fingers/Neko Case show, which was totally awesome. Unfortunately, I did not get any awesome shots w/ my awesome new camera, as photography was not allowed (even w/o a flash) and I was scolded by an usher after sneaking this picture. Apparently I am not actually sneaky.

Anyway, both bands were great--Neko Case was backed by some amazing musicians (including a banjo guy and an upright bass guy) and played pretty much all of my favorite Neko songs. It was a little weird to be in a seated venue--on the one hand, I'm kind of old and tired now and it's nice to sit down, but on the other, I couldn't dance around when I wanted to. It was like, are we allowed to yell "wooo!" after songs, or just applaud politely? ("Woo!"ing seemed to be encouraged.)

No comments: