Sunday, May 31, 2009

2009 book 114

Joanna Scott's Follow Me
Man, was this book a piece of drekkerai. I'm not even sure why I kept reading it, except that I thought it was going to get interesting at some point. I mean, it's a woman telling her grandmother's life story from the time she got pregnant as a teenager and ran away from her family and the baby--but all that happens is that she keeps running away from things and getting rescued. There's no tension at all and the characters are really flat and dull. I think the end was supposed to be a big twist but it was just all really dumb. C-. D.. Whatever. Some bad grade.

2 comments:

christinamerge said...

I held this at the library - must've read a good review somewhere, but now I'm thinking I should just return it!

Alicia K. said...

I wonder if EW reviewed it or something, since I must have read a good one too. Whoever it was lied!

Well, don't take my word for it. I did think it was pretty boring, but that may just be me. :)