Tuesday, November 24, 2009

2009 book 240

Stephenie Meyer's Eclipse
You know, reading all of these in short order like this makes me realize why I get annoyed at Bella/Edward--besides his general creepy controlling-ness, in EVERY conversation they have, she's all insecure that he could be in love with her. EVERY conversation. I get that those feelings are typical for a teenage girl--I was a teenage girl--but it's not fun reading and doesn't make me like their relationship. It's not romantic or aspirational and I don't know if I would have liked it when I was a 15 year old girl (I would have looooved these books, but probably still would have been on Team Jacob).

And on this rereading, I noticed how many seeds were set for the kind of weird fourth book, so some of that stuff isn't as outlandish in context after all.

No comments: