Thursday, July 22, 2010

2010 book 187

Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl's Beautiful Darkness
I more-or-less enjoyed Garcia and Stohl's first book in this series, Beautiful Creatures, so when I saw a stack of the sequels at ALA I picked one up. This is apparently the 2nd book in a planned series of four, and it does a pretty good job of advancing the story forward. After the crazy finale of book one, Ethan and Lena's relationship is starting to fall apart. Trying to regain her love leads to all sorts of crazy adventures going deeper into the magical worlds, as well as leading to information about Ethan's dead mother. There's also more stuff with the magical library as well as with a mysterious cat. Things were fairly action-packed but I wasn't particularly engrossed; I'll still probably read the third one when it comes out, though. B.

No comments: