Saturday, November 12, 2011

2011 book 284

Lauren Baratz-Logsted's Little Women and Me
With all of the books/miniseries about modern day ladies being super into Pride and Prejudice, I'm surprised there hasn't been a Little Women one until now (or have I just missed them?). Anyway, this is a YA book about a 14-year-old who gets sucked into Little Women, which is a great premise, right? Too bad it is the silliest book I have ever read. For one thing, the narrative voice needs to be toned down like three notches--it's all "OMG" and "Facebook" and "I'm a teenager squee!" Not to mention the protagonist is a total brat. Like, if she'd just been interfering trying to help Beth, I'd have been totally into it. But her macking on Laurie was just ridiculous. And don't even get me started on how WRONG the end is. Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. C.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I didn't enjoy it, as well. It was actually a DNF for me, I could not stand the MC.

Alicia K. said...

Be glad you didn't finish--the end was by far the worst part.