Thursday, December 22, 2011

2011 book 322

Michael Chabon's Wonder Boys
I'm pretty sure I read this in college, but I didn't remember a thing about it, so when it suddenly became available for the Kindle this week (thanks, Mr. Chabon!), obviously I wanted to revisit it. And of course it's a solid, solid novel, though one that I still can't believe was made into a movie (with Michael Douglas as the protagonist, no less--I don't think I've seen the movie, is he still a total pothead? I kept picturing Jeff Bridges in the part while I was reading). Mainly I love this book for all the Pittsburgh mentions (including my high school, alma mater of the protagonist's brother-in-law!). Anyway, Chabon is basically the bestest, though I prefer his more overtly Jewish-y books (there is a pretty good seder in this one though). 


No comments: