Friday, December 30, 2011

Favorite Books of 2011

Without further ado, and because I'm not expecting to read any more 2011 releases in the next couple of days, here are my favorite books of 2011! (Alphabetical by author.)

Josephine Angelini's Starcrossed
Kate Akinson's Started Early, Took My Dog
Libba Bray's Beauty Queens
Geraldine Brooks' Caleb's Crossing
Rae Carson's The Girl of Fire and Thorns
Jeffrey Eugenides' The Marriage Plot
Tayari Jones' Silver Sparrow
Melina Marchetta's The Piper's Son
Erin Morgenstern's The Night Circus
Haruki Murakami's 1Q84
Ann Patchett's State of Wonder
Rainbow Rowell's Attachments
Elissa Schappel's Building Blueprints for Better Girls
Amor Towles' Rules of Civility
Carrie Vaughn's After the Golden Age

I read a lot of really excellent books this year, but I think these were the standouts, the ones I kept recommending to everyone (or the ones that were just extra-awesome).

No comments: