Wednesday, September 12, 2012

202 book 248

Caitlin Moran's How To Be A Woman
I read this selection for lady doctor book group very much against my will, having bogged down in despair during the early chapters on menstruation and body hair. But after randomly running into a fellow book club member in Anthropologie (as one does), I figured I should finish. To be fair, it did pick up a little from there--I enjoyed every story about Moran's sister Caz and the ones that involved members of Blur and The Fall--but I am just not interested in Moran's view on handbags. I honestly wish this had been a straight-up memoir instead of a book of essays about life from a feminist perspective (or whatever this was supposed to be), b/c she has had a fascinating life! More about being a teenage rock and roll journalist in the 90s*, less on giving birth from a feminist perspective, please. B-.

*One time U2 shot a video in her house, that doesn't even get a mention!!

No comments: