Monday, November 03, 2014

2014 book 259

Brooke Davis' Lost and Found
As soon as I finished this book, I actually said out loud: "This book is CRAZY." And it is kind of crazy. It's about a little girl who was obsessed with death even before her father died of cancer, and now her mother has abandoned her in a department store. Soon she befriends a mannequin ("Manny") and a lonely old man, as well as the reclusive old woman across the street, and they go on a journey together. There are some great scenes here (I especially liked Captain Funeral and Captain Everything), and the writing is especially strong, but Agatha didn't quite work for me as a character. And, like I said, this book was a little bit crazy. But I liked it. B/B+.

__
A review copy was provided by the publisher. This book will be released in January.

No comments: