Thursday, February 03, 2022

2022 book 19

 Rosemary Kirstein's The Steerswoman

What do you do when you have eight books checked out of the library? Start rereading an epic fantasy series instead, of course! I kept thinking TikTok broke my brain and I didn’t have the attention span for novels anymore, but I just reread this all in one sitting so clearly I can still hang with a good story. Anyway, it is the story of the titular steerswoman, part of a group of mostly women who are basically mobile librarians/encyclopedias, wandering around spreading information and learning new things. But when our heroine starts trying to learn about a weird piece of jewelry, she catches the attention of the wizards, who hoard their magical secrets and want to stop her investigation! This was just as good the second time, lots of adventure and friendship and it somehow even makes me interested in MATH.

No comments: