Wednesday, February 09, 2022

2022 book 24

 Talia Hibbert's Get a Life, Chloe Brown

We wanted to read something on the lighter side for book club this month, and this series gets good reviews, so here we are. I can only read romance novels sporadically, especially hetero ones, because sometimes I find them too formulaic, all the same plot beats, lots of insert tab A into slot B (this book is very horny). Anyway, our heroine is a chronically ill black woman from a wealthy family (I did like her relationships with her relatives), our hero is her white building superintendent, an artist, who she enlists to help her with the bucket list she makes after a near death experience. There was a cat, so that adds some bonus points, but I would maybe rather have read a novel about her glamorous grandmother and her yoga instructor girlfriend? This was cute and I was rooting for the couple but also I didn’t totally buy it. A-/B+.

No comments: