Wednesday, March 09, 2022

2022 book 46

 Sarah Lotz's The Impossible Us

I am often very lukewarm on contemporary romances, but this one had a hook I couldn’t resist—it’s about a (straight) couple who meets when he sends an email to the wrong address, but eventually they realize they are in ALTERNATE WORLDS!! I love alternate worlds! Unfortunately, I didn’t love this book. I almost gave up on it early on bc I found the dude very tiresome, but they hadn’t figured out the parallel universe thing yet and I wanted to see that play out. And I was interested enough to keep reading, as he gets involved with an alternate-world-group and has some personal growth, though his love interest gets way less likable as things play out. But the end was just a whole lot of dread for how it would wrap up, and I wasn’t into it AT ALL. It's kind of a messed up ending! It just left a really unpleasant taste in my mouth. B-.


__

A review copy was provided by the publisher. This book will be released on March 22nd.

No comments: