Sunday, April 03, 2022

2022 book 61

 Adrienne Celt's End of the World House

This book was very INTERESTING but I didn’t LOVE it. It’s set in the near future (I guess?) where the world is ravaged by storms and floods and bombings, but things have calmed down enough for our two best friend characters to take a trip to Paris, where they’re invited to visit the Louvre on a day when it’s closed. Except then they get stuck in a time loop and things really go off the rails. This official description says this is “ a thought-provoking comedic novel about two young women trying to save their friendship as the world collapses around them” and that’s the novel I wanted to read, but it ends up not really being about their friendship, or at least I had mixed feelings on how it’s all resolved. I did think the main character on her journey was compelling, but the end stressed me out a little. A-.


__

A review copy was provided by the publisher. This book will be released on April 19th.

No comments: