Saturday, April 16, 2022

2022 book 69

 C.S.E. Cooney's Saint Death's Daughter

I really liked Cooney's Desdemona and the Deep, so when I saw she had a new novel out, I immediately bought it. And it was SO GOOD?? It’s about a girl who’s a necromancer, from a powerful family of necromancers and assassins, but she’s literally allergic to violence! And when her parents die and it turns out they were deeply in debt, she and her terrifying (not in a fun way) older sister have to figure out a way to keep things together. But really this is about found family, politics, magic, love, trust, and adorable undead dogs. Lots of action, lots of great characters and great relationships, lots of surprises along the way. I really, really enjoyed this, and Cooney might now be an insta-buy author for me. A.

No comments: