Thursday, October 13, 2022

2022 book 177

 Andrea K. Host's Stray

I’ve seen this trilogy recommended a few different places, and I’ve liked the Australian fantasy novels I’ve read, so decided to try some Australian sci-fi. And right away I was totally into it, I love the narrative voice here so much. It’s the story of Cassandra, a teen girl who leaves school one day and somehow walks onto another planet, where she has to find a way to survive…at least until she’s rescued by a highly advanced society that has a protocol for dealing with “strays” who accidentally ended up on planets far from their homes. And then it turns out she’s surprisingly useful… Solid adventures and characters here, and like I said, I was totally caught up in it, can’t wait to see what happens in book two. A/A-.

No comments: