Thursday, October 20, 2022

2022 book 185

 Tessa Gratton and Justina Ireland's Path of Deceit

I was psyched to start Phase Two of the Star Wars High Republic books, which seem to follow all new characters on all new adventures, but this got WAAAAAAAAY grimmer than I expected, and after reading the descriptions of the upcoming books, I think I’m going to pass on this whole thing. Anyway, this is the story of a master and a padawan posted to the Outer Rim who get tangled up with a weird Force cult and its mysterious prophet. The POV characters are the padawan, a cheerful dude, and two girls from the cult, a pair of cousins, one of whom is a true believer, while the other works as a thief and is desperate to escape with her girlfriend. This book was very effective but also bummed me out in a big way. B?

No comments: