Thursday, November 03, 2022

2022 book 192

 Kristin Cashore's Seasparrow

Well, I really enjoyed this, even it was a hard read at times. It focuses on Bitterblue's younger half-sister/spy, who like many from their kingdom is still processing/dealing with/healing from major trauma. There is also a very harrowing journey that covers a lot of the book. But I loved her narrative voice, I love a sad girl who deal with her sadness by being cranky and bitchy, haha. There are also several adorable psychic foxes (but warning that there is some sadness with the foxes too). My only real complaint is that eventually the reader sees exactly where everything is going, and it just takes a little too long to get there. Still, a satisfying and hopeful kind of book. I’m glad to see Cashore exploring new things in this world. It kind of makes me want to reread them all but I remember the first two being pretty grim. Anyway. A/A-.

No comments: