Sunday, November 06, 2022

2022 book 194

 Rainbow Rowell's Carry On

I’m rereading this series bc Rowell has a book of short stories out this week, and there's a) a new Simon Snow story, and b) a ZINE that seems to be an AU about Simon and his mom??? (Which is extra hilariously meta considering Simon started as a fictional character in a book that another fictional character was writing fanfic about, and then Rowell herself decided to write about about the characters from the book-within-a-book.) I am personally very excited about that bc I think I’ve written “Justice for Lucy” every time I’ve blogged about this book (uh, sorry, spoiler for a book from 2015 there). (Lucy's story breaks my heart EVERY TIME and in fact I am eager to get through the second book so I can reread the third, where there finally is a little bit of justice for Lucy.)

No comments: