Wednesday, November 16, 2022

2022 book 200

 Victoria Goddard’s The Hands of the Emperor

I didn’t intentionally reread one of my favorite books as my 200th read of the year, but the timing worked out nicely since the long-awaited sequel is out next week! It’s interesting to see which parts you notice more/resonate with when you’re rereading a book, especially one where as much stuff happens as this one! If you’ve never read it (or read any of my previous lil reviews), it’s the story of the secretary/head of the government for the Emperor, a man who is also a living god, and how he slowly changes the world for the better. It’s also the story of a bunch of middle aged men dealing with their repressed feelings and becoming FRIENDS. So many delightful and bittersweet and funny and triumphant moments. I am so excited to get to see what happens next (to Kip, as of course there are two other books that follow this but aren’t direct sequels).

No comments: