Saturday, April 02, 2005

audubon park show

see, here's one of these weird times--do i post this here or in the audubon park blog? both? whatever. i went to see audubon park at the duke coffeehouse tongiht--eyes to space opened, and they were pretty awesome, and not just for the novelty of the keytar. their rock even collapsed the audubon park merch display!

anyway, i took a bunch of pictures--of course i am a very silly photographer, preferring the no-flash blurry-rock-star lit-in-blue playing-with-the-night-scene-setting sorts of photos--but no worries, i saw jenn h. there and she is an excellent photographer, so i'm sure you guys will be able to find some exciting band photos somewhere or other. (mine are here, in theory. let me know if the link doesn't work.)

i also took photos of the new graffiti in the coffeehouse bathroom, but i'll upload that later. (ps. matt--photos from the wxdu benefit last fall are here. i only got a few of hotel motel before my battery died, though.)

also included are some photos of the new audubon park EP, which is cunningly housed in old vinyl cases, with the cd cunningly attached to the enclosed lp. i chose a dan fogelburg record, b/c he is sort of a guilty pleasure. SHUT UP. i don't have to justify my guilty pleasures to you. weirdly, itunes thinks the ep is by some country band called "the woodys"--but i have just listened to it, and it's definitely audubon park. plus, it references bunnies in the title ("the bunny is not as popular as julius"), and i just love bunnies.

i left before jett rink b/c i was tired, but i heard they played a bunch of new stuff, and i imagine viva was entertaining as always.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I was at the Jett Rink show last night, sitting outside with Lisa Linn and she says to me..."Alicia is here, have you met her yet..."

Just as she said that, I looked up and saw someone coming out the door who looked an awful lot like Alicia's picture on her bio page. The coincidence...and the certainty that recognition between Lisa and Alicia would soon occur, I became paralyzed and just went, "ahhhh,...uhhhhh."

The Alicia-looking gal walked right between us and out to the parking lot, got in her car, and left... whereupon Lisa, having not seen what I had seen, said..."hey, that was Alicia right there..."

Chris/Whig Hill

Oh, well. Maybe next time.

Alicia K. said...

dang! i totally didn't see you guys! i was trying to worm my way through a horde of undergrads and didn't think to look around. now i am slightly annoyed at myself.

next time, indeed.

Anonymous said...

Aww, your sweet! I took a bunch, but they didn't turn out how I intended them too :(. I havn't figured out my new camera's "dark room" quirks yet...in time... :)