Tuesday, May 24, 2005

best compliment ever?

to deal with my unquenchable book lust, i took a brief trip to the chapel hill public library this afternoon. as i was walking to the building, i noticed an old bearded man on one of the benches out front (he was calling "hello, amigo!" to a kid going by). he noticed me too, and started saying "hello" and mumbling that i was pretty or something--of course i smiled, because i have a soft spot for little old men and anyway, he was calling me pretty! as i passed by, i heard him say something that it took me a second to process, preoccupied as i was by my list o' books.

he told me my chest was just as nice as dolly parton's.

he was already gone when i came out about fifteen minutes later, so i don't know if he had anything else insightful to say.

3 comments:

pinky pinkerson said...

wow. i'm speechless :-)

Alicia K. said...

yeah--i was actually pretty relieved he was already gone when i came back outside. how the heck does one respond to that? and from an old bearded man, no less!

Alicia K. said...

hee!! it's way funnier now that i know it's his schtick!

for real, dude, work on expanding your reportoire next time you want to get the attention of a lady!