Friday, June 23, 2006

2006 book 79/etc

here i am in new orleans! i have taken some pictures with both my camera and my cameraphone, eo expect to see those in a few days.

i hit the d-day museum this morning with dawn and jesse--my late grandfather was at d-day so i was pretty interested. it was a nicely set-up museum and the staff were all really sweet. i totally recommend it for wwII buffs as well as a general audience.

i read a book last night:

ayun halliday's dirty sugar cookies
i like halliday's columns in bust magazine, usually, so was interested in reading this food-related memoirs. it's a serious of generally humorous and often sweet autobiographical essays that all center on food, and each chapter ends with a recipe. it's especially entertaining to see halliday's transformation from a picky eater to an adventurous one, and then to see her dealings with her own picky eater daughter. this was a fast and fun read.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Ayun's stuff! I've been subscribing to her zine for years now and like her books too. I'll have to check that new one out.