Wednesday, June 21, 2006

hooray scott pilgrim!!


EW reviews Scott Pilgrim 3
Originally uploaded by radiomaru.
(this was swiped from bryan lee o'malley's blog)

also, here are some annotations for volume 1 of scott pilgrim!


__
by the way, i leave for new orleans tomorrow morning! for some reason i thought neil gaiman was coming to do a signing at ala, but i can't find any evidence that this is actually the case.

meanwhile, the speakers this year are totally lame. last year featured barack obama, david sedaris, and henry winkler (who i missed, much to my dismay--it would have been a fitting tribute to my former pet mouse fonzie to see the man in person)--this year we have madeline albright, anderson cooper, and cokie roberts. oh, and the first lady. whatever! i don't care how obsessed gawker is with the guy, i just do not care about anderson cooper. the ala totally dropped the ball on awesomeness this year.

here's hoping i score some sweet free books to assuage my sorrows!

3 comments:

Susie Cupcakes said...

Have fun at ALA...I'm sure you can get enough free swag to make up for the lack of awesome speakers.

pinky pinkerson said...

when I was growing up my mom would always come home with duffel bags full of stuff from ALA - it was always fun to pore over the contents of her bags when she got home. I remember a yellow Cliff's Notes octopus that I kept for years. Along with dirty books that had their covers ripped off :-)

(she went to ABA too, so there was always a cornucopia of galleys to choose from)

Anonymous said...

My mom went to a social work conference in Houston when I was little. She brought me back a little book called "The Toothache" that was a sort of reproduction of the original illustrated story that came out in the late 1800s.

The swag she got from the conference, though, was a brown bottle filled with crude oil. Exactly what all social workers need on hand.

(MIke)