Monday, February 05, 2007

chabon in pittsburgh

Michael Chabon (along with his wife, Ayelet Waldman) is speaking in Pittsburgh tonight! Apparently professional book reviewers have already received review copies of The Yiddish Policeman's Union--I am of course seething with jealousy. I wanna read it NOW!

Sorry for the radio silence this weekend--Saturday was movie night (All About my Mother and Psycho Beach Party really work as a double feature) and Sunday featured Super Bowl shenanigans (I forced my hosts to put the Puppy Bowl on picture-in-picture, and then left at the start of the third quarter so I could better watch the puppies and kitty halftime show. C'mon, you know I don't care about football unless one of the, like, three teams I sort of care about are involved). Oh, I also spent most of the rest of my time this weekend napping and/or watching "The Vicar of Dibley" from Netflix, so I didn't get much reading done.

Oh, now what the heck! Why didn't anyone tell me Chabon was starting his NY Times novel-serialization project last weekend??

4 comments:

pinky pinkerson said...

fun fact: I was once in a stage version of Psycho Beach Party, at the old location of Manbites Dog Theater, in a strip mall across from a pawn shop, in Durham. It was a RIOT.

Alicia K. said...

See, this is why you're my hero!! Who did you play?

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmmmmichael Chabon!

pinky pinkerson said...

in a role that I didn't quite inhabit - I was the "movie star." I'm not particularly an actress, so I just bought a very weird loud long dress and sunglasses at Time after Time and let that do most of the acting for me :-)