Tuesday, February 20, 2007

graphic novel

I never know whether to count graphic novels toward the reading list, but I usually don't, so I'll just keep that trend going. Anyway, I read a really cute one tonight called Breaking Up. It's by some YA author I've never heard of, and features a pretty typical YA plot involving four friends torn asunder by popularity and boys, but the art was done by Christine Norrie (of Hopeless Savages fame) and really elevates the story.

I also got this Cute Book, which made me think of Stef for so many reasons, and some other great comics, including the four new issues of Castle Waiting, which I am so excited is back in regular publication!

2 comments:

pinky pinkerson said...

heh - how funny. I saw that cute book at the comic book shop last week and it really spoke your name to me!

(but I didn't know if you'd want it, or if you already had it, so I didn't get it!)

Alicia K. said...

wow, you really know me!

so do the folks who run the comic book store--they're the ones who suggested i'd like it! i didn't even know it was out yet.