Saturday, September 29, 2007

amazing

Once finally opened in my town, months after the rest of the free world, and it was such a great movie. It had been billed as a musical so I was a little worried (I'm not into musicals--I hate when people randomly break into song-and-dance numbers), but really it's the story of two musicians who begin to collaborate, so it totally makes sense that they're always singing. The songs were great too--of course I love the Frames (whose lead singer is the star, and who I believe wrote the songs), so I was predisposed to like them. Anyway, totally an A.

3 comments:

js said...

jesus! they really took their time getting that movie down to tally. what's coming next week, mrs. doubtfire?

yeah, i thought it did a good job of showing the process of making music. and as i told a 60 year-old coworker who asked me about it the other day, "well, it helps if you like the frames and you're not 60."

Alicia K. said...

I think 60 year olds might like it even if they've never heard of the Frames! I mean, as long as they're into music and stuff.

pinky pinkerson said...

I went to see it with my fifty-plus former coworker, and she loved it :-)