Wednesday, September 12, 2007

fall tv!

Fall TV season is almost upon us, which is the time to make difficult choices about what shows are must-see, which are relegated to the VCR (I am so old school), and which will be ignored completely. Here is what I'm planning on watching, at least for now . . . Feel free to chime in with your own picks!

Monday:
8 pm. How I Met Your Mother. CBS (I am sooo glad they didn't move this to the 9 pm time slot!)
8:30 pm. Aliens in America. CW. This has the chick from Ned's Declassified and Luke from Gilmore Girls. It could actually be funny!
9 pm. Heroes. NBC. Duh.

Tuesday.
Probably I will watch Netflixed tv shows on Tuesday. Seriously, this is a crappy night for tv.

Wednesday.
8 pm provides my only dilemma--Pushing Daisies (ABC) or America's Next Top Model (CW)???? I'll probably go with the former--it's got great buzz and a great cast--and try to catch ANTM in reruns some other day.
9 pm. Bionic Woman (NBC). Yes, I've decided to forgo the Grey's spinoff, which is also in this time slot. The critical response has been terrible and I'm not interested in the inevitable Amy Brenneman--nice schlubby guy pairing. Sorry, Piz. Plus, Bionic Woman has Starbuck!

Thursday
This was my major night for the VCR last year--I watched Ugly Betty and Grey's, and taped the comedy block on NBC (My Name is Earl, 30 Rock, The Office, and Scrubs). Since I now think Grey's sucks, I'll probably tape Ugly Betty and watch the comedies--barring Scrubs, which I've lost patience with.

Friday
9 pm. Friday Night Lights. Seriously, this show is soooooo good. Why aren't you watching it? Quick, catch up on the DVDs before season 2 starts! I hate watching football and even I am obsessed with this show.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the Fall Preview issue of TV Guide out yet? I still love that issue. Or maybe they've turned it into more than one issue these days.

js said...

i too will be checking out "bionic woman," mainly for starbuck. i watched a lengthy preview a few months back, and it sort of has that same scifi psychodrama that "battlestar" has. likely move for sackhoff. i wish she were the star!

that new show on nbc that looks like a ripoff of "quantum leap" looks really awful (where the guy goes back in time to right wrongs), but i might watch that if it gets good reviews, because the main actor was the star of the hbo series "rome," and he was incredible in that show, like, "how is this guy not the next george clooney" incredible. but that show looks shitty, so i don't know.

since i get hbo and showtime, i am looking forward to new episodes of "curb your enthusiasm," the last season of "the wire," and i'll watch "dexter" because becky likes it.

speaking of "battlestar," i think their last season starts up soon. the second half of last season was so atrocious, though, it will be a chore.

jordon

p.s. sorry about the name "admin," but i had to change it because of my blog. trying to reduce my google footprint, you know.

Alicia K. said...

Minty--Check out the Entertainment Weekly fall preview! I got it in the mail on Friday so it may still be in stores.

Jordon--I loooooved Rome. I was thinking of watching that show just to keep the Lucius Vorenus lust alive, but it does look terrible.

Battlestar isn't back until January, though there is that random miniseries about the Pegasus coming sometime this fall. I too hated the second half of last season, but actually really loved the finale and am lookind forward to where they're going next!

pinky pinkerson said...

I love How I Met Your Mother! And am sad that they cancelled The Class, even though it was pretty dumb. I will be watching Grey's and the spinoff, even though my hopes are not high. I don't know why they have the need to bring in "fresh new faces" ie - new interns.

pinky pinkerson said...

and ps - I've lost patience with Scrubs too. I kind of want to club Zach Braff whenever I see the reruns.

Alicia K. said...

HIMYM is one of my favorite shows--seriously, I have watched the season 1 dvd multiple times and it never stops being funny. I already pre-ordered season 2!

Zach Braff is definitely my problem w/ Scrubs too. When did he/his character go from kind of quirky and endearing to insane and annoying? I will cry if his character and Elliott get back together again. I actually wish he'd left the show when he threatened to, b/c the other characters are way more interesting.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, that EW fall preview is sitting in my stack of unread magazines. D'oh!

I watch the Julia Louis-Dreyfus show on Mondays but have not consistently watched HIMYM. I will start. If Pinky and Wordnerdy endorse it, it's got to be good!

In other news, I've got a birthday coming up this week, and I don't know what it holds in store for me, except a date with TYRA!!