Saturday, December 01, 2007

2007 book 173

Kirsten Miller's The Empress's Tomb
The second book in the Kiki Strike series--about a group of girls with somewhat extraordinary abilities trying to thwart troublemakers in New York--is just as good as the first one, adding smugglers and giant squirrels into the mix. I can't wait for more books in this series, and I'm dismayed it doesn't get more critical attention, b/c it's seriously fun. The website is also top-notch, and needless to say, I'm jonesing for the squirrel shirt! A.

Now I'm off to finally see Enchanted, yay! I love Amy Adams.

3 comments:

Sociologian said...

Was the movie any good? I can't tell from the trailers.

pinky pinkerson said...

I saw Enchanted with my parents this weekend, and we all really liked it :-)

Alicia K. said...

Yeah, it was pretty good. There were a few extra-cheesy parts toward the end but it was totally cute.