Friday, March 28, 2008

more shared items

Here's another round-up of excting things I've shared recently in Google Reader!

The Sweet Valley High series is being updated and will be more gloriously shallow than ever! Man, remember the one where that chick did drugs for the first time and DIED????

Speaking of YA book series from long ago, Goosebumps is being resurrected as well. Those were a little after my time, but one of the kids I babysat for had the entire set and I read quite a few while supervising her homework time after school. They were kind of awesome!

Kitsch Kits! I want the sewing one and the baking one. Those look super handy.

I'm not always an Adrian Tomine fan, but this was pretty funny. Mainly b/c I love Sixteen Candles.

Here's another comic--this one is about Purim! (Speaking of Purim, check out Jewno! It was done as a promo for a Purim party of some sort. I can't believe they got JK Simmons to reprise his role.)

Also a little bit late--these Peep dioramas!

2 comments:

DarcyPennell said...

hey, on the new Sweet Valley High cover, I think the woman pictured is an actress on All My Children. She plays identical cousins: one is an innocent good girl with Autism Spectrum Disorder, and one is a crazy slut who wants to be a supermodel. No wonder they picked her to play Elizabeth and Jessica!

My sister and I read those books back in the day. I was a little too old to stay with the series, & had lost interest by the time the franchise really got going. I remember coming home from college and seeing dozens of them on my sister's shelf.

Alicia K. said...

I was a little too young for the series--I was allowed to read the Sweet Valley Twin books, but not the high school ones. Of course sneaking them was the ultimate thrill! Even though they are extremely tame by today's comparison (the book I just read had teens doing cocaine in just about every chapter, and as we know, the SVH universe kills off druggies immediately to teach young impressionable readers a Valuable Lesson).